Painting and sculpting with Veggies to create a vegan Salad
Play with your food…
Painting & sculpting with Veggies to create a vegan Salad
- grated sweet onion
- grated cabbage
- grated carrots
The grated vegetables release juice to make a natural dressing. You can grate a bit of apple in for a naturally sweet flavor too.
Have fun… enjoy the creation of your edible art!
Have a lovely day!
Whats In Your Shopping Cart
When you become a vegan there are items you keep in the fridge, freezer and pantry than can be combined for a quick fix meal. You no longer have to visit a health food or specialty store to find the items. They are readily available from Safeway, Kroger, Walmart, Fred Meyer, Wegmans etc. as well as wholefoods, Trader Joes etc. (none of the brand names mentioned or photographed in this blog have paid me or given given me their product to be included in my list)
- *Non-Dairy Milk – almond, soy (organic only), cashew, coconut etc.
- Bananas – frozen and fresh
- *Fruits and Vegetables – Frozen and fresh they are the the stable ingredient in every vegan kitchen. When you don’t spend money on animal products (meat, poultry, eggs, dairy etc.) you have lots of cash for produce. The combinations for meals are endless! Mix and match to your hearts content smoothies, salads, soups and more.
- *Brown Rice – everyone has their favorite mine is Lundberg Farms Wild Blend I like the nutty flavor. Brown rice is filling and easy to digest and can become part of a vegan burger mix too.
- *Tempeh – First it tastes waaaayyyy better than tofu second it is easier to digest and get the nutrients. I use it to create vegan chickn strips for Cesar Salad, rice dishes and savory meatless chunks.
- *Chia Seeds – If your sweet tooth alarm sounds during #meatlessmonday these tiny seeds can help you create a quick satisfying dessert with items 1 & 2. They can be added to smoothies for protein and make a great egg substitute for baked goods.
- *Flaxseed – They can be added to smoothies for protein and make a great egg substitute for baked goods. I use them as a binder in my vegan burger mix too.
- Agave and Maple Syrup – A super sweet alternative to sugar. Some sugar is made by using bone char (animal bones) to achieve the color desired for the sugar (Vegan sugar and info about bone char).
Chickpea Sunflower Seed Hummus
*Beans and Legumes – Canned or dried they can be added to salads, vegan burgers, soups, hummus etc. Garbonzo beans aka chickpeas are a great source of protein and a versatile staple in my kitchen. Nothing is wasted, save and chill the water because you can whip it into vegan marshmallow whip. Truth! (recipe posted in blog soon) Cooked red, black, kidney etc. beans smash or whole are another versatile source of protein. Fresh ground peanuts and smashed ripe fruit make tasty spread and
- *Nuts and Seeds – Eaten on the trail by the handful, sprinkled over salads or rice and ground into spreads and dessert bases.
- Tamari Sauce – It is my go to flavoring for homemade salad dressings, soups and rice dishes.
- Dates – They make a great paste for creating quick raw snacks and desserts
- Fruit, Nut and Seed Oils – Olive, sesame, coconut, almond etc. are wonderful for adding delicate flavors to your meals. Lightly sauteed in flavorful oils instead of frying is large amounts of vegetable oils is healthier too.
*Great source of protein without harming any earthlings
I know my fellow vegans and #meatlessmonday regulars have items to add to this list.
We all have our favorite go-to items to feed our bodies and energize our Souls. That is why there is is a comment section below 😉
When Love stands against hate truth will flourish.
~ Lee Hiller
Vegan Avocado #Salad with grated carrot & tomato plus chopped sweet onion & cabbage
Vegan Avocado #Salad with grated carrot & tomato plus chopped sweet onion & cabbage = #Lunch
painting and sculpting with veggies to create fun vegan salads
I Love painting and sculpting with veggies to create fun vegan salads
decorative top: avocado and tomato wedges
salad base: kale, sweet onion, cabbage and carrots
#vegan quick easy #raw #Salad
finely sliced cabbage and sweet onion
grated carrot and tomato
The juice from the vegetables is the dressing.
cabbage onion carrot tomato avocado
Chopped cabbage & onion with grated carrot & tomato plus sliced avocado. Juice from grated tomato and carrot create the dressing.
Cabbage, Spring Onions, Carrot, Celery, Apple and Grapefruit #Salad
Cabbage, Spring Onions, Carrot, Celery, Apple and Grapefruit #Salad – Juice from grated carrot, cabbage, apple and peeled grapefruit create the dressing.
Grated Cabbage, Apple and Carrot with Spring Onions
#Vegan #Salad – Grated Cabbage, Apple and Carrot with Spring Onions. Juice from grated cabbage, apple and carrot blend as a tasty dressing.
Kale Fruit Salad
Tear or chop kale and add watermelon, cantaloupe, banana and oranges
Dragon Fruit #Vegan #Salad
Dragon Fruit, Ruby Grapefruit, Asian Pear, Bartlett Pear, Granny Smith Apple and Mandarin Oranges tossed with squeezed Lime Juice.